Last Modified: May 23, 2017
Information We Collect
Information You Provide Us
When you register to access our toolkit, sign up to receive a newsletter, or give a donation, we collect information from you such as:
- Email address
- Username and Password
- City and country
- Your organization
- Social media account handle
- Phone number
We also collect any information you provide to us through open text fields, such as your interest in accessing the Refugee Rights toolkits and working with Asylum Access to apply the toolkit to your purpose.
Information We Collect Automatically From Your Use of the Services
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect:
- To operate, maintain, enhance and provide features of the Services, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions, and otherwise to provide support to users.
- To understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Services, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- To contact you for administrative, informational, and marketing purposes. This may include providing customer service or sending communications, including changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, and updates on promotions and events relating to our products and services.
- To contact you, in accordance with your choices, about partnering with Asylum Access or learning more about how our toolkit can help your organization.
- We may anonymize or aggregate data collected through the Services and may use and disclose it for any purpose.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, security, fraud monitoring and prevention; determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns; and operating and expanding our business activities.
- To enforce our Terms of Service or other legal rights.
How We Share Your Information
We do not disclose the information that we collect through the Services to third parties except in the following circumstances:
- To our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, payment processing, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, online advertising, auditing, and other services.
- To a potential or actual acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We do not share your personal information with unaffiliated third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, unless we have your permission to do so.
We may use and disclose information that does not identify or otherwise relate to an individual for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
Third Party Services
We use certain physical, organizational, and technical safeguards that are designed to maintain the integrity and security of information that we collect. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and thus we cannot and do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, viewed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or organizational safeguards.
Your Choices and Access
From time to time, we send marketing e-mail messages to our users. If you no longer want to receive such emails from us on a going forward basis, you may opt-out via the “unsubscribe” link provided in each such email.
Use of Services by Minors
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under (13), and we request that children under thirteen (13) not provide personal information through the Services.
International Cross-Border Data Transfer
Asylum Access uses servers hosted in the United States. Please note that we may be transferring your information outside of your region for storage and processing in the United States and around the globe. By using the Services you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include sensitive information in your emails to us.