The following is a list of important legal services documents.
- Legal Services Agreement (also known as a Retainer): A contract between the legal aid organization, the legal advisor or attorney (“advocate”) and the client(s) that set ups the terms and responsibilities of the legal relationship between both parties.
- Dual Representation Agreement: An agreement signed by 2 or more clients and an attorney who acknowledge that they have understood the potential risk of conflict of interests as explained in the Nairobi Code and throughout legal ethics standards. Conflicts of interests occur when the interests of two current or previous clients are adverse to one another.
- Case Closing Letter: A Closing Letter is a document issued to the client that explains the terms by which Asylum Access closes or terminates the client-attorney relationship.
- Document Release Form: This document authorizes Asylum Access to discuss with third parties confidential details relevant to the client’s case.
- Client Third Party Disclosure Form: This document authorizes Asylum Access to discuss with third parties confidential details relevant to the client’s case